If you want to get behind a social cause on a local or global level that is lifting people’s lives but also spreading the good news of hope and love, here are a few that I recommend:
These are organizations led by leaders from all walks of life who refuse to wait and just sit in a church bubble, but rather be the church and the hands and feet of Jesus to people around the world that are experiencing devastation, hunger, poverty and injustice.
- Tom’s Shoes – Every pair of shoes you purchase, TOM’S will give away a pair of shoes to a Child in need.
- The Love Alliance – Educating individuals on social justice issues and then provides ways for them to make a difference in everyday lives.
- Red Eye – Provides a common ground of young Hollywood peers to work together to express and grow through social gatherings, humanitarian relief, and the exploration of culture and the arts. It’s an organization allowing you to champion your platform to give back to humanitarian causes that are close to your heart.
- To Write Love On Her Arms – is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
- Fermi Project – is a broad collective of innovators, artists, social entrepreneurs, church and societal experimenting with ways to advance the common good in culture.
- Invisible Children – Three filmmakers, social activists, and entrepreneurs in the Uganda focus their approach to humanitarian work on long-term goals that enable children to take responsibility for their future and the future of their country. The people of Uganda are asking for a future beyond the conflict and a long-term war.
- Charity: Water – More than 1.1 million people on the planet don’t have clean water. Be a part of projects helping hundreds of people experience clean water by establishing new water wells at hospital clinics, schools, and water towers in communities in Bangladesh, Central African Republic, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Honduras, India, Kenya, and many others.
- I Heart Revolution – They are uniting social causes giving all of us a global perspective of the Love of God that drives us to make a difference in the world. A collaborative response to see the inseparable union of worship and justice.
- She Rescue Home – is a secure haven for young Cambodian girls who are at risk or who have been rescued from human trafficking. Each of these girls deserves a safe and secure place to live, where counseling, medical attention, education and vocational training can take place in a safe and loving location.
- Falling Whistles – is a small story exposing the world’s largest war. Using the symbol of the whistle to call individuals to courage, we join local leaders inside Congo to build a Free World.